Jemison Flats began its life in 1909 as an ornate terra cotta, brick, and Moravian tile seven-story building. Originally known as The Heritage Building, The Heritage was developed by Robert Jemison of the Jemison Real Estate and Insurance Company, widely regarded as a shaping force for the then young city. At its inception, the building was home to the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and the Commercial Club. Later, in 1919, The Electric Building adjoined The Heritage, which was later accompanied in 1929 by Birmingham’s first multi-story parking deck. All three of these structures make up what is now Jemison Flats.
In 2003 the building, largely offices at the time, underwent a total restoration, converting it into a Class A residential loft property. Since then, the renovation efforts have continued, producing a community that appreciates historical architecture with a modern lifestyle. Ready to choose one of our amazing floor plans to call home? Contact us today to find out more about our Birmingham lofts for rent!